Monday, June 20, 2011

A Message from Dad!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted anything on here....sorry about that!  The past few weeks have been ones of struggle and shear exhaustion.  My workload is enormous, and I have finally completed a huge job that God had given me as another test of faith.  Normally, I don't mind putting in crazy hours or being gone from home for a week or two at a time...but this was different!  After leaving the unnamed eastern european country, leaving my wife to bond with and teach our two little men (in the limited visiting hours each day) and our sons, I came home to an empty house and a job that would be impossible by anyones standards.  Fortunately, I don't judge possibilities by "anyones" standards...I judge them by how the Holy Spirit leads me, and during much prayer and counsel,  He told me it could be done!

 So I embarked on a quest to complete the workload required of this job, calculating the many possible ways in which it could not be done, only to surrender (AGAIN) and let God take care of the fine details.  Friday night, I completed my last location...only by the grace of God.  A pace was set that no one, even me at times, though possible to complete...but what God sets in motion, man can not stop.  I had thought of posting the details of these jobs, the problems that arose, the issues with my van that were ongoing, and calling them as they seemed...PROBLEMS!  But, there are no problems when you are led by God, being obedient to the calling at hand.  There may be obstacles to overcome through hard work and prayer, but there are never any problems!

Today was actually one of relaxation before flying back, an unexpected on at that, preparing to take on the role of  father and provider and to be more tired than I have ever been in my life (from what I'm told).  Tomorrow I fly back to that foreign land, ready to greet my wife whom I have missed more than ever in my life, and ready to get to know my sons.  I can't wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment