Saturday, May 7, 2011

Still amazed by God's timing

Last Wednesday night I posted about meeting a young man with DS that was an encouragement and inspiration to me.  I also posted about an anonymous $5000 gift that put us within $4000 of being fully funded.  Then the heartbreak of loosing Caleb into their Foster Care system.  I have to admit, I was a bit perplexed because of the timing...we knew it could happen and we have been praying for people in their country to see their worth and that families would step up.  We just didn't think it would happen to us!

Every other time has been the same on this roller coaster, disappointment followed by God providing something or someone that is amazingly encouraging.  We did praise God from the time we received the "bad" news and will continue to trust that He loves these little ones more than we could ever imagine...thus He will do what is best for them and us.  But, it was backwards from all the other discouragements!  Until he let us see a bit of His plan today.  See, in the midst of all the chaos, God was at work.  Pictures and files were already being created for new little ones  that had just been cleared for international adoption!  Ones that we couldn't have committed to when we started this process, and one little fella stuck out in a "big" way (you'll see when we find the answers to one little question....tuesday, hopefully).

In this I have seen God's perfect timing, I have become more humble, I have seen amazing people step up for little ones they don't even know, and I have seen God working through my wife.  She is amazing, because of Christ in her...what a Mom she is going to make!


Joel

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to see how intricately God plans out the lives of his children. When things seem to hurt most, he's weaving together a masterpiece for us! I'm glad to hear that things are already coming together for your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete